Terms & Conditions
Definitions: The “Event”: The Halloween Horrors 2018 in all its entire variations (children’s, teens, adult) scare event at Fort Amherst to be held in October 2018.
The “Customer”: Any person who has purchased or won, or been given a ticket to attend the Event at Fort Amherst: Fort Amherst, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4UB. These terms and conditions govern the basis on which customers will be admitted to the Event. Any person who does not comply with these terms and conditions in full may be asked to leave the event and no refund will be given.
1. Booking: All advance bookings must be made online via the booking website. Bookings may only be made by persons over the age of 18. Where an individual is booking tickets on behalf of themselves and other members of a group, the party leader must be authorised to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons involved in the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. Whichever version of the Event you are booking (children’s, teens, adults), please take care as mistakes with bookings cannot be undone or rectified once completed. In all cases, the party leader is responsible for making all payments due to Fort Amherst.
During the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions.
Your booking will be confirmed by an email that you will receive following your booking. The confirmation is sent to the email address which you enter/provide at the time of making your booking. However if you have spam filtering on your email account, this email might not reach your inbox so please check your junk mail. Your confirmation email will include an e-ticket as your Event ticket. You will need to present this on your mobile device or print out the ticket and show at the appropriate entrance to gain entry. Without your ticket you will not gain entry. Please check your booking confirmation email carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the confirmation email appears to be incorrect or incomplete, as it may not be possible to make changes later and no refunds will be given.
Subject to availability, tickets may be purchasable at the Event on the night, but Fort Amherst does not guarantee that any such tickets will be available. Tickets purchased on the night will be subject to these terms and conditions of booking, and must be paid for on arrival, so please arrive with plenty of time to go through this process. Such tickets will be more expensive than those booked in advance online.
1a. Children’s Halloween Horrors: The Event is suitable for children aged 4 - 12 years; however children must be accompanied by an adult who also requires a child ticket. A ratio of ‘2 adults to 1 child’ cannot be exceeded. Whilst this Event has been designed to be suitable for children, please be aware that sections of the tour can be dark and more sensitive children may find some scenes frightening. Parental guidance is advised and the adult booking the tour should consider this when booking. Fort Amherst is not responsible for making such judgements due to the varying ages and sensitivity of the children taking the tour. Refunds cannot be given should the child or the accompanying adult decide not to complete the tour.
1b. Teens Halloween Horrors: This event is suitable for children between the ages of 12 and 16. Individuals who are 16 years old on the date of the tour have the choice of booking either the Teens Halloween Horrors tour, or the Adults (16 years+) Halloween Horrors tour. Up to 2 adults (17 years+) will be able to accompany the teen, but will need to book their own tickets to do so; this ‘2 adults to 1 teen’ ratio cannot be exceeded. Whilst this event has been designed to be suitable for children over 12 years of age, please be aware that sections of the tour can be dark, and more sensitive children may find some scenes frightening. Parental guidance is advised, and the adult booking the tour should consider this when booking. Fort Amherst is not responsible for making such judgments due to the varying ages and sensitivity of the children taking the tour. Refunds cannot be given should the child or the accompanying adult decide not to complete the tour.
1c. Adults Halloween Horrors: This event is suitable for individuals aged 16 years and over. Individuals who are 16 years old on the date of the tour have the choice of booking either the Teen’s Halloween Horrors tour, or the Adults Halloween Horrors tour. Please note that visitors under the age of 16 years will be unable to take this tour, even if they are accompanied by an adult aged 18+ years. Before booking, please consider that this event has been designed to shock and frighten with some sections taking place in the dark. Some guests find the tour too intense and whilst they are able to discontinue the tour – this will be at the closest available exit that will not disturb the experience for the rest of the group and no refunds will be given. Please consider this carefully as Fort Amherst is not responsible for making judgments regarding visitor’s personal disposition.
2. Payment: Full payment is required at the time of booking.
3. Cancellation by you: Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. Persons who purchase a ticket and do not attend the event (at their designated time), or leave the Event before the end are not entitled to any refund and no compensation will be given.
4. Changes and cancellation by us: Occasionally, we have to make changes to, and correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed. This can mean cancellation of confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will inform you as soon as possible. If the event is cancelled by us for any reason, you will be entitled to a full refund of your ticket price. Fort Amherst regrets that we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
5. Age restrictions: It is recommended that individuals attend only the Event which they are old enough to do so. Anyone attending an Event for which they are too young will do so at their own risk, and Fort Amherst cannot be held responsible for any adverse effects of the experience, subsequent rejections, or for those being turned away. If any customers could be judged to look too young for the event they attend, they should bring identification (which includes a photo) showing their age.
6. All customers attending the Event should be in good general health. Due to flashing light and smoke effects, the Event is not suitable for epileptics or persons suffering from Asthma. The Event is also not recommended for pregnant women, or persons with heart conditions or of a nervous disposition. Comfortable shoes should be worn, and customers should be aware that the tour features uneven ground.
7. Customers should be aware that due to the nature of the Event, the actors may make physical contact with customers. Please wear resilient and robust clothes. Fort Amherst cannot be held responsible for clothes, footwear, jewellery, or other apparel that may be lost or damaged.
8. Customers should arrive a minimum of 20 minutes prior to the time of the tour that they have booked. If customers arrive late, Fort Amherst will attempt to include them on a later tour. Where this is not possible, customers may be unable to attend the Event and Fort Amherst will not be able to issue a refund.
Please note that the tour time booked is an approximate time and does not guarantee the exact time shown.
9. Tickets are only valid at Fort Amherst for the date and time specified in the customer’s ticket and may not be offered in connection with any offer or exchanged for cash.
10. Customers must retain their tickets at all times whilst attending the Event.
11. Fort Amherst reserves the right to check the contents of customers’ bags and pockets before the Event. Any person found to be in possession of any of the items listed may find that those items are confiscated and not returned and/or that they are denied entry to the event:
(a) Alcohol (b) Illegal drugs (c) Weapons or potential weapons, including but not limited to, guns (including air and pellet guns), Knives (including craft knives, pen knives and scalpels), chisels, saws, axes, hammers and other pointed metal implements and anything else which may in the opinion of Fort Amherst staff, cause harm to others. (d) Sprays or aerosols or device designed to fire, water, foam or any other substance.
12. Any person who in the opinion of the staff of the Event is felt to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other prohibited substance, or whose behaviour appears inappropriate in any way may be denied access to the event and no refund will be given.
13. Fort Amherst reserves the right to remove from the Event and from the site any person who is violent, abusive, threatening or disruptive or whose behaviour is causing distress to other customers or staff and no refund will be given.
Persons who are found to be in possession of illegal drugs, or instigating or participating in violence will be reported to the Police.
14. Customers are not permitted to bring torches, lasers or any other light sources into the event.
15. Flash photography is not permitted during the Event.
16. Fort Amherst is a listed Ancient Monument. Any damage to Fort Amherst is a criminal offence and any person found to damaging the structure of Fort Amherst may be liable to criminal prosecution.